11 months ago
Thursday, September 2, 2010
How to Organize Your Refrigerator
When organizing the refrigerator for the first time, removing everything from every shelf and drawer is necessary. Bring a garbage can over to fridge and throw away anything that is expired or anything that is mysterious.
To create the proper organized refrigerator storage, everything needs to be put back correctly by category. In addition, the proper storage methods and containers should be used.
* Keep like items together.
* Keep condiments on door shelves.
* Make sure food storage containers are see-through, square shaped, from the same manufacturer (because they tend to stack better), and labeled.
* Keep taller items behind smaller items, in order to spot them easier.
* Keep fruits and vegetables in drawers and keep meats on the lowest shelf.
* Keep a shopping list on the fridge to note what to replace after it has been used.